I was never into K-pop. Not even a little bit. But music has a funny way of finding you when you least expect it, and my journey down the rabbit hole started with a single Spotify recommendation: DPR IAN.
I instantly loved, not only his music, but also his character: he was creative, he had depth in his videos and the way of thinking he was thinking really impressed me. I completely hyper-focused: I listened to every single song he ever created, watched every interview, and mentally transported myself straight to Korea.
Then, the YouTube algorithm did its magic. It suggested I check out Jackson Wang.
The true turning point happened a bit later. I was playing around with Google AI, looking for a new exercise program, when YouTube threw a recommendation my way: a 360° VR video of GOT7 performing "My Home." I recognized the name GOT7 from my Jackson deep-dive, so I figured, why not?
Right after that, YouTube suggested the 360° VR version of "Love Loop." That was it. I was a goner. I had to know absolutely everything about these seven guys.
I went into full detective mode. I watched every single reality show, listened to every single song, and researched everything from their historic album sales to their fandom, Ahgase. There was just something so magnetic, so uniquely raw about GOT7 that I couldn't ignore. I loved Ahgases: they were so welcoming and so kind, I found out that this was something unique.
But as I dug deeper, a wave of sadness hit me. Why didn't I find them earlier? By the time I discovered them, they had already released "NANANA" and were focusing heavily on their solo projects. I felt so late to the party, wishing so badly that I could see them all together.
To make matters harder, some of the members were already completing their mandatory military service. Knowing they were fractured by duty meant I just had to be patient. While I waited, I kept the fire alive by creating endless playlists of my absolute favorite tracks: "Page," "Face," "Begging on My Knees," and "Runaway." I played them on loop, dreaming of the day they would finally reunite.
Out of nowhere, they dropped the teaser pictures for their comeback album. I remember screaming like crazy! The anticipation was intense, but my patient waiting paid off.
Suddenly, "Python" was here.
Watching them sing all their hits live, unified as seven, was everything I had ever hoped for. After feeling like I missed out for so long, I was finally experiencing the magic as it happened. I was, without a doubt, the happiest fan alive.
While I truly love and support all of their solo endeavors, nothing on earth compares to the group. Because when the seven of them are in the same room? It’s pure, undeniable magic.
I may have found them late, but I am here for the long haul. I am an Ahgase, and an Ahgase forever. IGOT7 and GOT7 forever! 💚🐥
Now, seriously, where can I find and buy the lightstick? And when are you coming to my hometown for a concert?
I instantly loved, not only his music, but also his character: he was creative, he had depth in his videos and the way of thinking he was thinking really impressed me. I completely hyper-focused: I listened to every single song he ever created, watched every interview, and mentally transported myself straight to Korea.
Then, the YouTube algorithm did its magic. It suggested I check out Jackson Wang.
Once again, the obsession repeated. I dove headfirst into his catalogue, blasted all of his collaborations, and was completely blown away by his incredible dancing and pure, unshakeable confidence. Naturally, I looked up his background and discovered something that changed everything: he was a member of a group called GOT7.
The true turning point happened a bit later. I was playing around with Google AI, looking for a new exercise program, when YouTube threw a recommendation my way: a 360° VR video of GOT7 performing "My Home." I recognized the name GOT7 from my Jackson deep-dive, so I figured, why not?
Oh my god. I was completely, deeply in love. It was such a surreal experience to be in the centre being surrounded by seven guys including Jackson Wang and singing along with them. How many times I jumped into VR and sing with them, dance with them: million times?
Right after that, YouTube suggested the 360° VR version of "Love Loop." That was it. I was a goner. I had to know absolutely everything about these seven guys.
I went into full detective mode. I watched every single reality show, listened to every single song, and researched everything from their historic album sales to their fandom, Ahgase. There was just something so magnetic, so uniquely raw about GOT7 that I couldn't ignore. I loved Ahgases: they were so welcoming and so kind, I found out that this was something unique.
But as I dug deeper, a wave of sadness hit me. Why didn't I find them earlier? By the time I discovered them, they had already released "NANANA" and were focusing heavily on their solo projects. I felt so late to the party, wishing so badly that I could see them all together.
To make matters harder, some of the members were already completing their mandatory military service. Knowing they were fractured by duty meant I just had to be patient. While I waited, I kept the fire alive by creating endless playlists of my absolute favorite tracks: "Page," "Face," "Begging on My Knees," and "Runaway." I played them on loop, dreaming of the day they would finally reunite.
Then, the military era was finally over, and the moment I had been waiting for arrived. I thought, Finally, I'm going to experience them in real time. I'll get to see how the fandom reacts!
Out of nowhere, they dropped the teaser pictures for their comeback album. I remember screaming like crazy! The anticipation was intense, but my patient waiting paid off.
Suddenly, "Python" was here.
By this time, I was fully familiar with the K-pop structure. I wasn't just a casual observer anymore; I knew exactly what to look for. And GOT7 delivered absolutely everything. The stunning music video, the incredible music show stages, the chaotic reality show appearances, the announcements of concerts, and to top it all off, a full group appearance on Killing Voice.
Watching them sing all their hits live, unified as seven, was everything I had ever hoped for. After feeling like I missed out for so long, I was finally experiencing the magic as it happened. I was, without a doubt, the happiest fan alive.
While I truly love and support all of their solo endeavors, nothing on earth compares to the group. Because when the seven of them are in the same room? It’s pure, undeniable magic.
I may have found them late, but I am here for the long haul. I am an Ahgase, and an Ahgase forever. IGOT7 and GOT7 forever! 💚🐥
Now, seriously, where can I find and buy the lightstick? And when are you coming to my hometown for a concert?
Hiç yorum yok:
Yorum Gönder